Dr. David Bright is the proud sponsor of the Bright Smile, Bright Future chapter of Smile for a Lifetime, a charitable organization that provides orthodontic treatment to kids in need!
Nationally, Smile for a Lifetime (S4L) provides scholarships for orthodontic care for hundreds of patients each year, and has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own Board of Directors who chooses the patients to be treated by the Foundation.
Who We Are
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who chooses patients to be treated by the Foundation.
It is our mission to create self-confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community in a dramatic way. The gift of a smile can do all this for a deserving, under-served individual who, in turn, can use this gift to better themselves and our community.
Guidelines to Apply for Dr. Bright’s S4L Scholarship
Guidelines for applying for braces through Dr. Brights Smile for a Lifetime Chapter:
- Application must be submitted via the Smile for a Lifetime application process.
- Applicant must be a resident of Fort-Bend, Harris, or Waller counties.
- Applicant must have a significant aesthetic need for braces.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicant must be between ten to 18 years old
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student.
- Applicant should demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Applicant must agree to follow the treatment plan and demonstrate the ability and commitment to make all appointments on time.
- Applicant must be actively involved in community and extracurricular activities and is encouraged to participate in leadership.
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “pay it forward” through community service.
Two Letters of Recommendation are mandatory. Please do not submit more than two letters and limit each reference letter to one page each. Please type or print clearly with black ink (no pencil). Letters of recommendations may be written by teachers/coaches, counselors, dentists, spiritual leaders or others influential in the applicant’s life.
A clear 5×7 head shot with full smile and teeth showing must be included with application.
The application, letters of reference, and pictures will not be returned and will become property of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation.
Applications are received on an ongoing basis and are reviewed on a quarterly basis. Each applicant will be notified of approval or denial after the end of each quarterly selection process.