Your First Orthodontist Visit
Is your first orthodontist visit coming up? We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office.
Your initial orthodontic appointment will consist of a thorough examination, an evaluation of problem areas, and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important visit will give us, and you, insight into your orthodontic needs. To expedite treatment, we also take the necessary diagnostic records using our state-of-the-art orthodontics office equipment. These records are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan:
- dental X-rays
- facial and teeth photos
- dental impressions.
Questions Answered During First Orthodontic Appointment
During your initial examination, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, additional careful analysis of the diagnostic records may be required to fully answer some questions. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
What to Bring on Your First Orthodontist Visit
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first orthodontist visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
- No worries…Dr. Bright and his staff help kids, teens, and adults every day so you are in good hands.